CSS background-repeat Property
The background-repeat property sets whether a background image which has been added to an element repeats or not and the direction and coverage of the repeated image.
- repeat - the image is repeated horizontally and vertically - the default value.
- repeat-x - the image is only repeated horizontally.
- repeat-y - the image is only repeated vertically.
- no-repeat - the image is not repeated at all - only displayed once.
- inherit - the value of background-repeat is inherited from the parent element.
Here are some examples of the background-repeat property in action using this image:
1.background-repeat not set or having the value repeat
2.background-repeat property with the value repeat-x
3.background-repeat property with the value repeat-y