CSS page-break-before and page-break-after properties
The page-break-before and page-break-after properties set how page-breaks are dealt with when they occur before or after an element.
- auto - The default value - insert a page-break, if necessary, before or after the element.
- always - Always place a page-break before/after the element.
- avoid - Avoid a page-break before/after the element.
- left - Force one or two page-breaks before/after the element until the next page is a left page.
- right - Force one or two page-breaks before/after the element until the next page is a right page.
- inherit - The value is inherited from the parent element.
These properties can be used on all block-level elements except those which are absolutely positioned.
NOTE: Browser support for these two properties is very variable with the left and right values virtually unsupported and avoid and inherit supported in some browsers but not others.