These two elements are designed to illustrate changes made between two different versions of a document - one being an update of the other.
My favourite year was
In their current versions Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari put a line through deleted text and underline inserted text.
- CORE AND LANGUAGE ATTRIBUTES - class, id, title, style, dir, lang
- MOUSE AND KEYBOARD EVENT ATTRIBUTES - onclick, ondblclick, onmousedown, onmouseup, onmouseover, onmouseout, onmousemove, onkeydown, onkeyup, onkeypress
- *cite - designed to contain information about why the document has been changed.
- *datetime - designed to contain the date and time of when the document was changed.
* NOTE: None of the major browsers respond to the cite or datetime attributes in any way.